2022 Candle Light Hike/Ski – Parking Voucher Required
Important - a Parking Voucher is Required and must be picked up ahead of time (availability will be limited)
2022 Candlelight Event
Saturday, January 29th
6:00 -8:45 pm Homestead Hollow area
Kettle Moraine State Forest Lapham Peak Unit
W329 N846 County Highway C, Delafield
A 2022 WI State Park annual vehicle admission sticker or a $5.00 Special Event vehicle admission fee is required per car.
In addition to the vehicle admission, a ticket voucher is required for each car that wishes to attend the event. Vouchers are available first-come, first-served. Limit one per person at time of pickup. Vouchers may be picked up at the Lapham Peak office starting January 4 and prior to 6 pm on Friday, January 28, 2022 in order to ensure access to the event. Office hours are generally 8am-4:30pm but call (262-646-3025) before hand to make sure it is staffed and that vouchers are still available. Carpooling is encouraged. Entrants should arrive during the time frame specified on their Ticket Voucher!
- 6 to 7 pm., Max 250 cars with voucher
- 7 to 8 pm., Max 200 cars with voucher
- 8 to 8:30 pm, Max 150 cars with voucher (entrance gate discretion, late skiers/hikers must start by 8:45 pm)
- Warm yourself by the bonfire
- Bring your own food and grill outside
- Enjoy treats through Trecker Lodge window; donations appreciated
Sponsored by WI DNR and Friends of Lapham Peak - all donations will benefit projects here at Lapham Peak!
- Are dogs allowed?
- Yes. If you choose to bring a pet, it MUST be on a leash AT ALL TIMES. Leash can be no longer than 8’.
- What is the trail length?
- Approximately 1.8 miles but there are 2 places where you can “cut-through” to shorten your distance if desired.
- Are there refreshments?
- Yes, at Trecker Lodge we are planning Hot Beverages; donation's appreciated
- Is there a fire/bonfire?
- Yes, and a grill is available.
- What are the vouchers for?
- To enter into the event at a specified time listed on the voucher
- Are vouchers required per person or by vehicle?
- Per vehicle
- Is there a cost to the vouchers?
- How can I volunteer at the event?
- Contact Rita Keber at 262-547-4827
- Can you park outside the park?
- Any parking outside the park will result in parking tickets and possible towing at owner’s expense.
- Is there an admission cost?
- $5 for the night (special event rate) or have a 2022 State Park Sticker
- How do I know how many vouchers are left?
- Call the park office @ (262) 646-3025
- Can I pull my child in a sled
- Yes, as long as the trail is snow-covered (call close to the event for information)
- Is this is a kid friendly event?
- Yes, but if it's really cold outside, use your own judgement
- Is this hike wheelchair/stroller accessible?
- Yes, Depends upon conditions that day. If it is actively snowing, it would be difficult to keep the paved path plowed to a clear state throughout the event. BUT, staff work extremely hard to make sure the paved surface is clear and salted/sanded if conditions are such that it could be viewed as hazardous (you may call closer to check conditions)
- Can we ski the candlelight hike?
- If there is enough snow, yes
- If we can ski the hike (on the candle lit trail), will I need a trail pass for the event?
- No, not on the candle lit trail. If you ski on the man-made snow (where we will not have candles) then a trail pass is needed as usual
- Can we snowshoe the hike?
- If there is snow, yes, you’re choice to wear snowshoes or boots or skis (on the candle lit trail); do not snowshoe on the manmade ski trails!
- If we can ski or snowshoe, will there be rentals available?
- Rentals are at the white building on the road to Evergreen; Rentals close at 8 pm. Their phone number is: 262-261-3800